Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My top 5 new-found skills as a mama

Got the idea for this post from an entry by Sabrina Garibian entitled Random skills I’ve mastered as a mom via @Babycenter. I'm guessing there are a lot of new skills you will soon develop from being a mom to your kiddos. It does come with the territory kot. Sebab rasa macam banyak sangat.... *perasan*, I'm listing my top 5 new-found skills as a mama.

1. Using my iPhone with one hand, this also goes to using iPad (though I do try to refrain myself from doing it, only happens when iPhone is charging). Via my iPhone, I checked my email, , tweet, read my TL and FB updates, replied my Words with Friends, update my recent photos at Instagram (links to Twitter and Facebook), blog and read my fellow bloggers updated post. Recently, I also conquered reading a book with one hand, but tak feel sangat. I wonder what else I can do whilst waiting for my baby to finish her feeds.


2. Improved my negotiating skill and my sales skill, as every morning I would need to sell the outfit of MY choice to my beloved Adam. It would start with 2 outfits, one that I know he hates and the other one would be my choice. So, he would never choose Option 1, hence will go for Option 2. But there are days when he decides neither options would do, and then it will be up to your negotiation skill to at least get him into a proper top and bottom. Most days would be jean and t-shirt, but other days would be baju pegi masjid (baju melayu), his swimming attire or his one-piece pyjama. I dread to think the ordeal of going through this with my Zara in the future.

3. Changed diaper with one hand in record time mostly due to the smell. Yeah, tipulah with one hand but definitely in record time. If I fail to delegate this task to someone else, I shall do it with record time to keep the smell at the minimum level. Between the two, I would gladly change my Zara than my Adam. Want to know why,..... ;-)



4. Pack and unpack in record time during our weekly trip back and forth from my house, my parents and my in-laws, you know the drill. Going for a trip, yup it will be me, the luggage and the avalanche of baby clothes all over. After couple of time, I'm already a pro at folding things and fitting all our clothes in one bag.

5. Shopping at malls with baby-friendly bathroom, yes I do think that all moms will develop this and shall flock at the same shopping malls as I do. It's just the convenience of it all. If the need arise to go to the malls without this critical necessity, I must say I would rather go with my little ones, for example, my trips to IKEA, Yes to kid-friendly amenities but No to the very high volume of people that goes there. But, that's just ME.


Share with me your top 5 new-found skill as a Mom!


- And she sipped her heavenly Caramel Macchiato

Note: Picture taken from Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment